Kinnick Stadium Description
Nearly 4,000 are reserved for the visiting fans.
Stadium was named after 1939 Heisman Trophy winner Nile Kinnick.
Seating Chart and Description
West Grandstand – Home Side of Field
- 79 rows with Row 1 at field level & Row 42 at the tunnel
- Seats are numbered from South to North with seat #1 always at the southern-most end
East Grandstand – Visitors Side of Field
- 79 rows with Row 1 at field level and Row 42 at the tunnel
- Seats are numbered from North to South with seat #1 always at the northern-most end
- 52 rows with Row 1 at field level & Row 24 at the tunnel
- Seats are numbered from West to East with seat #1 always at the western-most end
South Grandstand (Divided by a walkway)
- Below the walkway, there are 31 rows with Row 1 at field level and Row 31 below the concourse
- Above the walkway, there are 40 rows with Row 1 above the concourse and row40 at the top
- Seats are numbered from East to West with seat #1 always at the eastern-most end
North Bleachers (NOT SHOWN ON MAP)
- North Bleachers are located directly on the field and consist of 5 rows
- They are located directly in front of sections 134-136
- Row ‘E’ is at field level and Row ‘A’ is at the top.
- Your feet are on the grass with Row ‘E’.
Visiting Fans Section
Visiting fans receive excellent seats (compared to where most venues throw the visitors). Generally, visitors receive the corner sidelines rows 1-70. They also receive the first few rows directly behind their bench. Also, there are scattered Iowa Season Ticket Holders in those sections and rows, too. Here is an approximate location for the visiting allotment:
Section 110: Rows 1-70
Section 109: Rows 1-10
Section 108: Rows 1-10
Section 104: Rows 1-5
Section 103: Rows 1-10
Section 102: Rows 1-10
Section 101: Rows 1-70
North Bleachers: Rows A,B,C,D,E
The large scoreboard is located in the South Endzone. There is another small jumbotron in the North Endzone, so regardless to where you’re sitting, you’ll be able to see replays.
Before the team enters the field, a portion of Nile Kinnick’s acceptance speech is played. The team will come out with ‘Back in Black’ playing over the speakers and the Swarm begins!
The swarm consists of all the players holding hands and casually jogging onto the field.
‘Enter Sandman’ by Metallica is played as the team runs out.
Here is a video that shows a typical entrance: